Project Shine Summer Trip (PSST) is a 2 week teaching English program conducted by CRRS (Culture Regeneration Research Society) that takes you to China where students and teachers from rural areas are waiting for a summer of learning and friendship with you!
- Provide a chance for the underprivileged students and teachers in China to learn proper English from North American teachers
- Experience Chinese Culture, cross-cultural exchange
- Enrich life experience, expand your worldview
- Build confidence in leadership, teaching and public speaking skills
- Increase English level of middle school students / teachers by means of: Verbal training, written English, listening skills, activities
- Aside from teaching, we want to show care for Chinese students’ needs through love, hope and action
CRRS Basic Education Sponsorship” for underpriviledged students in rural China
The family members of the students living in rural regions in Guangxi are usually farmers and have lower income. The families usually live in the mountainous area and it may take the students 2-3 hours to bus to school every day. Therefore many students must live in the dormitory within the school. Students have free education only until junior high because the Chinese government have implemented the “Nine year free education” policy. Therefore Senior High students have to pay for the cost for school fees, school uniform, text books ,meals, room & board and stationary supplies. For students that grew up in the village and poverty, the cost for attending senior high is a heavy burden for their family. In particular at that time the Chinese government identified 132 Poverty Stricken counties, and 49 of them are in Guangxi. That is why CRRS Canada branch mainly supports the Senior High students in Guangxi.
Since 2002, CRRS began the “Basic Education Sponsorship” helping many ethnic minority students to finish their dream of education. Helping the students finish their education also means breaking the cycle of poverty for them. With better education, they now have opportunities to find better jobs compared to before. For over 15 years, CRRS has sponsored over 15,000 students and teachers in several provinces including: Guangxi, Yunnan, Tibet, Sichuan, and Lanzhou.
Through love, hope and action, your encounter with these students may change their lives and yours!
Check out our highlight from 2017 Summer Trip!