We have recruited enough volunteers now! Thank you for your interest!
We need volunteers for our upcoming Summer Day Camp! CRRS Project Shine has partnered with Vancouver Urban Ministries to run a free local Summer Day Camp for inner-city kids in the East Vancouver Strathcona area.
- Date: July 26 – 30, 2021 (Monday to Friday)
- Time: 10:00am – 3:00 pm (PST)
- Ages: Grade 1 – 6
- Venue: Chinatown Peace Church (375 E Pender St.)
- Activities – music, stories, outdoor games, dance & exercise, making arts & crafts and more!
- The covid-19 protocol will be implemented: Masks are required, sanitization station will be provided.
- FREE Lunch and Snack (individually wrapped) will be provided for volunteers
- You must be 16 years or older
- Must attend 1 session of online training (via Zoom) before the camp.
- Criminal Record Check – We will provide a volunteer’s letter for you.
- Must commit to 3 – 5 days of the camp. Ideally, 5 days would be best but no less than 3 days of commitment. Consistency and relationship building is important for the kids.
- Volunteer hours: 9:30am – 3:45pm (including set up, clean up and debrief)
- Commute: you are required to commute to the camp location in the Strathcona area in Vancouver.
- You will receive a reference letter for your volunteer hours upon request.
Apply to be a volunteer NOW!
Click here to apply to be a volunteer!