We need volunteers for our upcoming Online Day Camp! CRRS Project Shine has partnered with Vancouver Urban Ministries to run a free local Summer Day Camp (Online Format) for inner-city kids in the East Vancouver area.
- Date: Aug 10 – 14, 2020 (Monday to Friday)
- Time: 1:30 – 4:00 pm (PST)
- Camp Format: Online via Zoom. Each kid will receive a “take home camp package” before camp starts.
- Activities Include: music, stories, games, learning, dance/exercise, art/craft making, dance/exercise, DIY snacks and more!
- You must be 16 years or older
- Criminal Record Check – You need to have a criminal record check. We will provide a volunteer’s letter for you.
- Must commit to 3 – 5 days of the camp. Ideally, 5 days would be best but no less than 3 days of commitment.
- You need to have a working computer, laptop or tablet device that has a camera and mic.
- You need to have working wifi to connect to the camp.
- You will receive a reference letter for your volunteer hours upon request.
- Attend 1 session of online training (via Zoom) before the camp.
- Main role: To help lead the kids in “break out room sessions” (2 x 30-minute sessions per day).
- Optional: Attend a social distancing gathering in a park after the camp. We will be giving out certificates of completion to the kids at this event and having individually packed lunch.
Apply to be a volunteer NOW!
Click here to apply to be a volunteer!