CRRS can only issue tax receipts for Canadian donors.
Cost $ CAD
|Application Fees (non-refundable)||Alumni||New Applicant|
|Early bird (Feb 28th)||$100||$150|
|Regular (April 15th)||$150||$200|
|Each team member||$1400||$1400|
|Total||$3000 – $3500||$3000 – $3500|
Each Team Member Raise Funds For
||For 150 – 200 China students
Funds Raised Does Not Include
How can donors donate towards Project Shine?
Download Donation Forms here
Donation Form Project Shine 2017 (Click Here) – Print out copies, give this form to each donor and collect it back after they filled it out.
Donor Organization Form (Click Here) – Use this form to keep track of your donor’s donation.
- We need to know the correct detail information in order to give the appropriate tax receipts to the donors.
- Please keep all your donations in a secure place before handing it to CRRS.
- Donor can donate through the following ways as indicated in the “Individual Donation Form”
Non-Canadian Team members : you can still use these forms to collect donation, but CRRS will not be able to give your supporters a tax receipt, so please communicate this fact with them.
“Project Shine is a CRRS board approved program/project, each restricted contributions towards Project Shine will be used as designated with the understanding that when the financial need for Project Shine has been met, or cannot be completed for any reason determined by the board, the remaining contribution will be transfer to CRRS general funds.”
Suggestions and ideas for fundraising
1) Sample Letter to donors 2017 (Click Here)
This is a general letter for your use to approach donors to raise funds for Project Shine.
- When you give this letter to donors, take this opportunity to share with them verbally as well.
- This sample letter is one of the MOST EFFECTIVE ways to raise funds!
- Project Shine Pamphlet (Click Here) – You can print this out (double sided) and give to your supporters
Target Group : Usually you want to target people who are working and have stable financial income. People such as your parents’ friends, relatives (uncles and aunties), and family friends in church or work place are potential donors. The sample letter also indicates the amount of money they can circle and donate.
- We’ve put a bigger amount from $50 and up because we want those particular donors to know that you are asking for more than just $5 bucks.
- If you are a student, your peer group may not be able to give too much financially. But nonetheless, in telling your friends about Project Shine Summer Trip you are helping to spread the word about the needs in China. At the same time and more importantly you can ask people to pray for you and the Project Shine Summer Trip.
2) Social Media
- Post the Project Shine promo video, this 4 min video is a powerful tool to show others what you will be doing in China.
- Use your social media influence to share with others what you will be doing this summer with Project Shine.
- Start a crowd funding or go fund me page for your Project Shine cost.
3) Creative Fun Activities for Fundraising!
Be creative in making up your own fundraising activity that others can join! Here are a few suggestions!
You (alone or with a group) can prepare food and ask people to donate to Project Shine. If you attend church or a club at school, you can ask if they can allow you to prepare a lunch for the group and ask them to donate! You can have a “suggested donation” in order to cover the cost.
- Examples: Bake sales, BBQ (hot dog lunch, making drinks like fruit smoothies for a wedding reception…etc.)
Providing Services/ Special skills
If you have a special skill, you can teach it in exchange for donations! Or you can provide other regular service that people need in their lives from time to time. I know that one youth group provided cleaning services for people’s home in exchange for donation towards the trip.
- Examples: baby sit, yard cleaning, photography, teaching music or dance, walking dogs, teaching self-defense, fitness lessons, gardening, mowing the lawn, give people make-overs…etc.
Games and contests
Create a contest or a game where donors will pay a certain fee to participate!
- Examples: bowlathons, video game contests, eating contests, ice skating party…etc.
Make crafts something to sell?
If you know how to make special crafts or jewelry, you can use your skills to fundraise for your trip! (Examples: earrings, bracelets, drawing peoples’ portraits…etc.)
4) Raising awareness
At the end, even if some of your fundraising efforts did not have a good return, you have still done something wonderful for the underprivileged students in China by promoting CRRS and Project Shine Summer Trip to other people as you raise awareness about the poverty issues in rural villages in China.Fundraising Info Rules (Must Read) Policies
Packing List (Recommended) Vaccination & Health Accommodation Info
China Visa Application Info Flight Info Schedule & Itinerary
Travel / Medical Insurance Destination Info All Forms
Cultural Behaviour & Awareness Basic Classroom Teaching Techniques
Song & Dance (Must Learn) Teaching Partners & Class Division