Volunteer Recruitment for “Born to Shine Summer Camp 2023”
We need volunteers for our upcoming Summer Day Camp! CRRS Project Shine has partnered with Vancouver Urban Ministries to run a free local Summer Day Camp for inner-city kids in the East Vancouver Strathcona area.
Apply to be a volunteer
If you are interested in volunteering please leave your contact info. We will notify you when the Application form is open in April. Click on the GREEN button BELOW to leave your contact info 👇
- Date: July 24 – 28th, 2023 (Monday to Friday)
- Time: 10:00 am – 3:00 pm (PST)
- Kids’ Age: Grade 1 – 6
- Venue: Chinatown Peace Church (375 E.Pender Street, Vancouver)
- Activities – music, stories, outdoor games, dance & exercise, making arts & crafts and much more!
- FREE Lunch and Snack will be provided for volunteers.
- You must be 14 years old or older
- Must attend
- 1 -2 Training Session
- Camp prep session (Day before the camp)
- Criminal Record Check – We will provide a volunteer’s letter for you.
- Must commit to 3 – 5 days of the camp. Ideally, 5 days would be best but no less than 3 days of commitment.
- Volunteer hours: 9:00 am – 3:45 pm (including set up, clean up, and debriefing time)
- Commute: you are required to commute to the camp location in the Strathcona area in Vancouver.
- Reference Letter and Hours: You can receive a Reference Letter from the Camp Manager for your volunteer hours upon request.